Monday, May 24, 2010

Labor of Love....A mother's day gift to my wonderful mom


every mother's day, I always give the same gift to my mom.... red ribbon cake, flowers and a greeting card full of my love messages for her.....so this year i thought would i give the same thing again???? isn't she tired of receiving the same old thing every year???? this is what came into my mind while scouting for gifts at the mall....suddenly i remembered when she said she wanted something hanged on her living room wall....with that, i went to the nearest bookstore from my workplace to buy acrylic paint, set of paint brush and some acrylic pad.....alright!!! i'm all set!!!! but wait.....what the heck will i paint???? im not really a good painter, so something basic yet beautiful will have to do..... after series of searching the net (not to mention youtube for free tutorials hehehehe) i decided to paint japanese cherry blossoms in sunset...... i had fun doing it and am quite happy that it turned out ok....

This is how my painting looked like with frame. Sorry for the poor cam quality

a lot better in frame right =)


my mom really liked it and wishes to have more paintings on her wall ffrom now on.....well i hope next time i can come up with a better cherry blossoms rendition. =)

0 comments on "Labor of Love....A mother's day gift to my wonderful mom"

Post a Comment

Lady Bloggers Society

Followers

 

Light Ash Blonde's Journey Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez